Friday, October 19, 2018

My Political Statement

I acknowledge that I did not dictate nor was I ever remotely capable of inducing the beginning of my life and therefore desire to behave in a manner worthy of the great gift that was given to me and will promote and protect the regard and worth of that same gift in all others.

"Love your neighbor as yourself"

will not utilize name calling, jokes or insults of any kind to be directed at those whose perspective is different than mine, in real life or on social media. I will not stereotype, belittle or undermine another person's viewpoint based on their affiliated political party, church denomination, career, location, lifestyle, financial status, gender or ethnicity; instead I will seek to have face to face conversations with people in my local community, as well as the global community, in order to grow in compassion, knowledge and understanding of the history, experience and perspective of others.



Because at the end of the day, you may be voting for the "right" thing, "right" reason or "right" candidate, but if you're heartless to others in the process, it's not funny, it's not wise, it's not beneficial, it's not productive, it's not loving and you blaspheme everything you supposedly stand for.

No comments:

Post a Comment