Sunday, September 1, 2019

Whirlwind Weekend

I feel like most of our weekends this summer have been anything but restful. I just keep crossing my fingers, hoping that the routine of school will help things settle down a bit.

Ha! Actually, I've basically realized I have to go back to the drawing board because I literally cannot clone myself and until that technological advance becomes readily available, there's just no way I can maintain my current work schedule and still get certain things done for the kids schooling; and working less isn't an option.

Then, Friday evening Micah comes home from dance excited to tell me that one of the other kiddos at the studio was going to be taking supplemental classes on the weekends at a studio that she herself had also been advised to take classes from. I had pretty much put the whole idea out of my mind since it's tight as it is to cover everything now, no way we could add MORE... and at a BIG CITY studio, who knows how much THAT would cost! Working more isn't an option either.

But there are moments when you look at the path your child is on and the only response is to do everything humanly possible to help her stay on it. Within minutes, everything fell into place and we were able to tag along early the next morning. Once we arrived, they got a little bit of info from us and simply let Micah join in on the class. It ended up that the director of that studio was actually the one teaching the class, so she was able to access what level she should be in. She then offered the payment option we were hoping for (but weren't sure how to ask for) and before we knew it, she was registered for the class.


It works out well that Micah is teaching some beginner ballet classes, so she can use that to pay for these classes, but of course it means the time it'll take to save for a vehicle gets further and further away. These classes will definitely be worth it though. She loved every minute of it and it really pushed her to work hard, and of course I think she looked just absolutely beautiful the whole time. I wish we could just hand her all the classes she could ever need, and of course it'd be wonderful if a car would just miraculously fall out of the sky, but that's not reality. The waiting and the working and the struggle will grow and reap good things in her.

In other news, since I hadn't originally planned to be traveling to and from Dallas most of Saturday, my timing got off on my sourdough starter. So instead of making a loaf of bread, I tried my hand at sourdough pizza crust. We had it for lunch today and everyone approves! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment