Friday, August 30, 2019

I blinked and a week went by

For real though?

Its Friday and we've almost survived a week of... more school. It's so hard to break out of summer flexibility. I'm totally being a rebel today and letting everyone sleep in cause I just need to breathe. Also 'cause Micah was having a slight allergic reaction to something right at bedtime, so she was up late and I didn't sleep well.

But all the schedules have been made, we've worked out a few kinks, not to worry though, there will be more... it never fails, I always double book myself somewhere. How else can you school 4 different grades, work part time, attempt to manage a home, be a mother and wife AND sleep? Next week we will be in FULL school schedule mode. Say a prayer. lol

Sam and micah are utilizing a lot of CLEP courses this year. Everyone says dual credit is the way to go, but CLEP is way faster, cheaper and more flexible, in my opinion. 

I started reading through "A Young People's History of the United States" yesterday with Annabelle and Zosia and it definitely opens up a LOT of discussion. In response to the first chapter, they no longer want to celebrate Columbus Day (not that we ever really celebrated it)... but obviously the point is that they would much rather honor the people who stood up to cruel and inhumane treatment of subjugated people groups. Las Casas Day celebration anyone?




No comments:

Post a Comment